February : The Nicest Sweetest Hectic Month!

Hello everyone! 

Well, I am feeling so sad because of some my friends will come back to their country soon, esp Dailami, because he is my partner in crime in the laboratory. haha. I said, "why you have to comeback Daiii... why... please help my experimenttt." (but then he just said, "a part of my soul is already in Bogor maaaak -_-"). well, ok, I can't say anything else. Ganbatte for all my friends who will give their final presentation in next week. ^_^

Today (actually this week) is really a hectic day. Well, its just the beginning. Next month will be my hectic month ever! Today, I have a group meeting and I have to present my progress report. Well, for my research, I just collect around 27 g of freeze dried cyanobacter from 200 L of culture for this 3-4 months. It was really takes time. So, next week, I will start my isolation and in the end, I have to do assay for enzyme inhibitory assay. I hope I have enough time for it, and fortunately, I almost finish all of my lecture and lab works, so I can focus only in my research. 

Friday Night : Discussion with PARE Students
Well, I wanna share about the topic that we have discussed today in Introduction to PARE 3. Its about the water demand and water footprint. Its a very interesting topic! 

Water availability is expected to decrease in many regions. Yet future global agricultural water consumption alone is estimated to increase by ~19% by 2050, and will be even greater in the absence of any technological progress or policy intervention. To ensure enough water to meet this demand, we will need to stop wasting it and find new ways to make sure there's enough to go around. Please kindly check this video



So, what is the solution??? 
People should pay for the water that they used and they should pay to clean the water that they pollute.  That would discourage waste and cut down the pollution. More money is needed for infrastructure and innovation to go along with more recycling. Reuse the water and natural ecosystem. That's how we'll have enough water to produce food, electricity and goods for healthier and wealthier world in 2050.

Thanks for reading my post! (DF)

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply