My First Snow, My First Winter



Hai, my name is Ratih Chandra Kusuma. My friends call me Ratih. I come from Geological Engineering, Universitas Gadjah Mada Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This is my second time come to Hokkaido University. I came here for the first time when i join at Summer School PARE Program in August – September 2015. From that time, i had dream to continue my PARE Program to longterm program. Now im here and i am going to work at Enviromental Geology Laboratorium, School of Engineering for 7 months. Thank God !
Like mostly peoples who live in tropical country, i am so interested with winter season and exactly with snow. Yess, this is my first snow experience. Last year, i came here when summer season (of course because i had join at Summer School). And now i come here again in the peak of winter season. Everything looks different from the first time i came here, especially the temperatur and the view. I need more less 2 weeks to do adaptation with the temperature, i felt freeze everytime i am outside. But i can’t deny anymore that snow is very very very beautifull view. I feels like live at dream land. Finally i can see ”snowing” directly.
I think i come to Sapporo at the right time. Although i have to do adaptation with the temperature, but i can attend some events in around Sapporo such as Sapporo Snow Festival 2016 and Otaru Snow Light Path Festival 2016. This is become new experience for me to attend winter events and enjoy the events in very low temperature. I am very happy because i got the good pictures that posing-able at social media. LOL. Besides attend some events, i also try to playing ski at Takino Suzuran Hillside National Park. Of course this is also my first time playing ski and fall down many times. I really enjoy my first winter ever.
My first snow. Taken from School of Engineering.

Sapporo Snow Festival 2016

Otaru Snow Light Path Festival 2016
Try to playing ski for very first time

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply